Our Performing Arts
We are very proud of a strong Performing Arts tradition at Oakfield Academy which was recognised when we received our Gold Artsmark award. Our department represents a unique area of experience in the curriculum which enables pupils to :-
- Express their thoughts and feelings through a wide variety of methods.
- Develop creativity through individual and collaborative effort.
- Learn in alternative contexts i.e. visual, tactile and sensory.
- Develop skills in performing, creating, appraising and listening to help make value judgements and aesthetic decisions.
- Develop the use of ICT within the arts.
- Develop interpersonal skills and enable them to become actively involved in shaping their environment.
- Build confidence and self-esteem.
- Develop a greater understanding of the world around them as well as a lifelong love, appreciation and understanding of all the arts.
We offer professional tuition in a wide range of instruments where pupils can learn in groups as well as on an individual basis. Pupils can also come and join popular Glee Club, Drama Club, Karaoke Club and Oakfield Academy Choir. The Academy regularly puts on musical concerts/performances such as Blues Night, Summer Spectacular, Oakfield’s Got Talent, Samba workshops, Frome Carnival, Shakespeare plays as well as our annual summer productions.
Pupils showing musical/theatrical talent are encouraged to develop and excel through our range of extra-curricular clubs, G & T workshops, productions/concerts, performances in assemblies as well as being given opportunities through a differentiated curriculum to extend ideas and stretch their abilities further.