** The Academy Office will be open from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm Friday 2 September to purchase Uniform **
Oakfield Academy insists on a school uniform to generate a sense of belonging and purpose. Any pupils not arriving at Oakfield in the correct uniform will be given an appropriate alternative to wear. All staff will assist in the implementation of this policy and will regularly check that the correct uniform is being worn. Whilst we make every effort to accommodate religious clothing, the needs of safety, security and effective learning take precedence. Please note, long hair should be tied back to meet the health and safety requirements of practical lessons such as DT and PE.
Pupils without the correct equipment will disrupt their own learning and the learning of others. All items should be clearly marked with the owner’s name. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or breakage so please avoid bringing expensive or precious items to Oakfield.
- Burgundy and grey striped school tie.
- White school shirt/blouse, button to neck with the top button fastened, ties worn to cover all buttons, either short or long sleeves, button-free collar. Shirts or blouses must be tucked in and vests or t-shirts, worn under the shirt or blouse for warmth, must be plain white.
- Plain black tailored/pleated school skirt to be at approximately knee length( no stretchy or tube styles).
- Plain black tailored shorts for boy and girls, knee length.
- Plain black, tailored, full length school trousers (no flares, drainpipes, jeans or other fashion styles).
- Footwear: plain black shoes (flat, not platform, wedged heeled or built up in any way) OR plain black trainers (STRICTLY no flashes/ logos or white soles.) Black boots are acceptable if worn under trousers but are not acceptable with skirts or shorts.
- Plain socks: plain black or white, knee high or ankle length socks only.
- Tights: black opaque tights
- Coat: Plain weather proof coat – denim is not acceptable. No body warmers or hoodies.
- Oakfield scarf /Snood– burgundy fleece scarf/Snood
- Bobble Hat - burgundy
Jewellery – pupils may wear a watch; they may also wear a single gold or silver small, plain stud in one or both ears, other body piercings are not acceptable. No make-up or nail varnish.
Hair accessories: in burgundy, grey, white or black only, no braids, no flowers.
Haircuts: colourings and styles should not be extreme. Shaved hair patterns are not acceptable. The final decision, as to whether a hairstyle is extreme or not will be made by the head teacher. When appropriate, long hair should be tied back to conform to the HEALTH AND SAFETY requirements of practical lessons.
Belts : Plain, black and threaded through trouser or skirt belt-loops.
Phones : Mobile phones are not allowed to be used in school for safeguarding reasons and we accept no responsibility for lost/stolen items brought into school. If any child is seen using a personal mobile/smartwatch/IT device, it will be confiscated and parents asked to come into school to collect it.
KS2 pupils must hand in devices to the office for safekeeping. KS3 pupils are advised to hand in devices, if however they decide to keep them, then they must be kept switched off and in bags whilst in school.
Unisex PE Kit
- Oakfield red and black polo shirt.
- Black football socks, trainers & football boots (not canvas daps/plimsolls).
- Black football shorts or skorts, socks and shin pads.
- Gum shields are compulsory for Rugby and Hockey
- Red hooded top with Oakfield logo and embroidered initials
- Plain dark black or navy coloured tracksuit bottoms
- Plain dark navy or black base layers
- Lightweight waterproof jacket
- Fingerless gloves
Please note: Long hair must be tied back for all PE activities!
All staff will assist in the implementation of this policy. While we make every effort to accommodate religious clothing, the needs of safety, security and effective learning take precedence.
- The School bag should be large enough to accommodate an A4 folder – no handbags or fashion bags.
- Pencil case containing pen, pencils, ruler, eraser, coloured pencils, sharpener.
- Mathematics – calculator, geometry set.
- Books – journal, reading book.
- Design Technology – equipment as necessary to lessons (including cookery ingredients).
- Art – pencil, minimum of 6 colouring pencils, glue stick.
- PE – as stated and relevant to the unit of work specified (PE Department will inform pupils).
Pupils without the correct equipment will disrupt their own and the learning of others. Sanctions will be imposed on those who repeatedly arrive at lessons without the necessary equipment. All items should be clearly marked with the owner’s name. We cannot accept responsibility for loss or breakage so please avoid bringing expensive or precious items to Oakfield.