Please click on the following link to take an AR reading Quiz.
Reading at The Academy
My name is Acorn and I am Oakfield Academy’s School Dog.
I can’t wait to meet you and become friends. Being friends with me can:
· Teach empathy and appropriate interpersonal skills
· Help individuals develop social skills
· Be soothing
· Improve a child’s ability to pick up on social cues
· School dogs have been shown to support emotional regulation through the positive impact on the autonomic nervous system
· School dogs are being used to support children with their social and emotional learning needs, which can also aid literacy development
· Increase in school attendance
· Improved confidence
· Decreased pupil anxiety
· Improved motivation to learn
· Let me listen to you read
· Enhanced relationships with peers and teachers due to experiencing trust and unconditional positive interactions with a school dog
· Helping children learn how to express their feelings and enter into more trusting relationships.
· Increase social skills and self-esteem
· Teach responsibility and respect to all life
I know that some people are allergic to dogs, or nervous around them—please let Miss Wilkes or the academy office know if this is the case.
Love Acorn x
Please visit our Library page. https://oakfieldacademy.co.uk/parents/library